THE CAIRNBROGIE ACTIVITY CARD
Apply for your Cairnbrogie Activity Card to get access to the various activities at Cairnbrogie. You can select from a number of different options:
Cairnbrogie opening times: Tuesday to Sunday: 07:30 – 17h30.
- Cairnbrogie Day Permit – R50 pp (To be purchased at the café on arrival)
- Single Year Permit Consecutive – R500
- Couple Year Permit Consecutive – R900
- Family Year Permit (Max 2 Adults 3 kids) Consecutive – R1200
WHAT’S INCLUDEDPermits allow access to the following activities:
- Biking (All Routes EXCLUDING MTO)
- Pump Track
- Hiking (All Routes)
- Trail Running (All Routes)
- Dog Walking (Designated routes, on a leash at all times. Please note – NO DOGS ON COASTAL ROUTES)
- Horse Riding – (By Appointment Only. Please contact Lee on 081-748-4904)
- Bird Watching (All Routes. Permission for Special Sightings)
- Fishing Catch and Release (Main Dam Only)
- ACTIVITIES TAKE PLACE ON DESIGNATED TRAILS AND IN DESIGNATED AREAS
- PERMITS MUST BE CARRIED AT ALL TIMES.
Please note that it will take approximately 3-5 days, once proof of payment has been received, to process the Cairnbrogie Card. We will message you as soon as the cards are ready.
MTO / CLUB 100 PERMIT
Please note the Club 100 Permit which allows access to MTO and Cairnbrogie Mountain Biking Trails is available to purchase at The Bike Shop or from the Cairnbrogie Café when open. This permit is for BIKING ONLY and is not transferable.
Annual Club 100 Permit – R275.00 – Consecutive
APPLY FOR YOUR CAIRNBROGIE CARD
To apply for your Cairnbrogie Card, please complete the form below.
Once your application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email which includes our banking details for EFT payments. We also include a link to pay via SnapScan.
It takes approximately 3-5 days, once proof of payment has been received, to process the Cairnbrogie Card. We will message you as soon as your card is ready. Day passes can be collected on arrival.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTIONS OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
It is understood that whenever the word “Cairnbrogie” is used in this agreement, this includes Cairnbrogie Trail Park (Pty) Ltd, Cairnbrogie Farms (Pty) Ltd and Cairnbrogie Estates (Pty) Ltd and their Directors, landowner(s), independent contractors, employees, agents, subcontractors, representatives, volunteers and any other individual(s) related to the ownership and/or management of the Cairnbrogie facilities.
It is further understood that whenever the word “activities” is used in this agreement, this includes mountain biking, running, walking, hiking, trail running, bike descents and jumps, fishing, horse riding, picnicking and shall include but not limited to, all activities, events, services, competitions and/or use of facilities provided, arranged, organised or conducted by Cairnbrogie and all activities auxiliary thereto.
It is further understood that whenever the word “participant” is used in this agreement, this includes bike owner(s), horse owner(s), rider(s), runner(s), fishermen, spectators, employees, competitors, independent contractors and parent/guardian(s) of any biker(s), runner(s), horse owner(s), rider(s), spectators and any other person entering the premises of Cairnbrogie whether to participate in an activity on the property or to be a visitor.
By checking the box I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE:
- That I voluntarily agree to participate in the activities held on the premises of Cairnbrogie situated at F14 Airport Road, Kranshoek, Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape, South Africa;
- That I understand and appreciate fully that injuries are a common and expected part of mountain biking, horse riding, running, walking, fishing and any other activity being conducted from the property of Cairnbrogie. These activities have features that are both physically and technically challenging and will expose the participants to many risks, dangers and hazards;
- To waive any and all claims that I have now or may have in future against Cairnbrogie and to indemnify, release and hold Cairnbrogie harmless from any and all liability, EVEN THAT WHICH IS DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF CAIRNBROGIE (excluding gross negligence), for any loss, damage, expense, accident or injury (including death) sustained by me, my employees, representative, heirs, dependants or guests, while participating in ANY ACTIVITY offered by Cairnbrogie, due to any cause whatsoever and howsoever arising;
- To not bring any claims, demands, legal action and/or causes of action against Cairnbrogie and/or Cairnbrogie’s insurance carriers, for any economic and/or non-economic losses due to bodily injury, death, damage to property, fires, penalties or loss sustained by me in relation to the activities held at Cairnbrogie and/or operations of Cairnbrogie;
- That all equestrian related activities have the potential to be extremely dangerous and accidents involving horses and equine activities are frequent and the condition of the land is often hazardous and ring footing is seldom perfect;
- That all biking related activities have the potential to be extremely dangerous and accidents relating to mechanical failure of equipment, loss of balance, high-speed descents, difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction on a bike, extreme variation in cycling terrain, collisions with natural and constructed objects (such as mountain bikers, vehicles, horse riders, spectators, pedestrians, encounters with domestic and wild animals, bush fires) may cause a participant to fall and/or injury himself/herself seriously;
- That the injuries incurred by the activities offered by Cairnbrogie can be severe and may require hospitalisation and result in lasting residual effects in terms of which I undertake full responsibility for any and all such harm or injury that may occur to myself, my assets and/or any of my associates;
- That by signing this agreement, I together with my heirs, executors and administrators release Cairnbrogie from any and all liabilities and claims for all accident(s) and/or injuries other than those caused by the Cairnbrogie’s gross negligence;
- That I have examined Cairnbrogie’s facilities and trails, and I am satisfied that the conditions of the premises have been well maintained and made reasonably safe for participant use, to the extent that it is in the Cairnbrogie’s control to do so;
- That Cairnbrogie is not responsible for elements of nature that may vary the terrain or create horses to act unreasonable which elements include, but are not limited to thunder, lightening, wild or domesticated animals, stinging/biting insects, and other factors out of Cairnbrogie’s control;
- That by signing this agreement, I declare that I have adequate medical and liability insurance coverage and that I am fully aware that Cairnbrogie will assume no responsibility for participants, including horse(s), rider(s), runner(s) guests, spectators, employees, agents and or any other associated persons;
- That losses suffered by, caused by and/or associated with myself, resulting in any death, injury or harm to myself and/or damage to my property, Cairnbrogie’s property or other participant’s property shall be proportionately and adequately covered by the insurance of the undersigned;
- That I have been fully warned and advised by Cairnbrogie that I should at all times wear protective headgear and hereby acknowledge that I have the proper gear and equipment to carry out the activities on Cairnbrogie property in order to prevent severe head injuries, harm or death; and
- That in signing this document, I confirm that I have read and fully understand the contents of the clauses contained in this agreement.
All Employees, Independent Contractors, Riders, Guests, Spectators, Parents/Guardians and Representatives must print their name and signature in the space provided below.
If the person signing below is under the age of 18, the parent, guardian or representative of the minor must print their name and signature in the space provided below and by doing so, said parent, guardian or representative accepts full responsibility of the minor child and releases Cairnbrogie and associated persons from all liability, medical and other expenses that may arise If the person signing below is under the age of 18, the parent, guardian or representative of the minor must print their name and signature in the space provided below and by doing so, said parent, guardian or representative accepts full responsibility of the minor child and releases Cairnbrogie and associated persons from all liability, medical and other expenses that may arise and further indemnifies Cairnbrogie against any future claims that the minor child may have against Cairnbrogie when the minor attains the age of majority.